Reface vs Replace: What’s Best to Do with Your Cabinets During Kitchen Renovations?28 March 2023
Your kitchen’s overall appearance and atmosphere suffer when you have outdated or damaged cabinets or drawers. What is the best course of action, though? If the damage is minor, you might do a quick repair, but if it’s more serious or your cabinetry looks outdated, you’ll need to find another solution.
Most individuals will need clarification on whether the option is better for their budget and if it is preferable to replace or reface their cabinetry during a kitchen renovation. As a custom kitchen manufacturer and installer, we will help you, under these two options, to find the best solution for your kitchen.
The Difference Between Reface and Replace
Your kitchen will get a facelift if you reface the cabinets. The frames of the existing cabinetry have their doors and hardware replaced with new components. On the other hand, replacing involves taking out the entire cabinetry, including the frames, and installing new, custom-built cabinetry in its place.
Benefits of Refacing Cabinets
- Excellent for an Aesthetic Upgrade – Refacing your cabinets will offer your kitchen an excellent aesthetic upgrade if they are in excellent shape and function as they should.
- Lower Cost – Refacing is less expensive than replacement. Because less labour and supplies are required, it is a more affordable choice.
- Quicker Upgrade – With the appropriate professional assistance, it usually goes more quickly because only the outer components of the cabinetry are altered.
Refacing is always a job for professionals unless you are a skilled tradesperson. To evaluate your cabinetry and offer the best solution, you need an expert like Masterpiece Cabinetry professionals.
Benefits of Replacing Cabinets
- Complete Refresh – Your entire kitchen will be improved by replacement. A makeover might be your best option because newly constructed cabinets might not blend in with the other components of your kitchen that were included in the original design.
- Upgrade Functionality – Changing your kitchen’s cabinetry is an opportunity to improve the space’s functionality, storage, and overall appearance. Create the kitchen you’ve always imagined.
- Refacing Is Not an Option – Refacing is not always an option. It can be your only alternative to replace the cabinetry if it has internal rotting, is beyond repair, or is severely damaged.
- Add Value to Your Home – You will add more value to your home by replacing outdated cabinetry than by simply refacing them. A well-executed kitchen renovation is an investment that will increase the value of your home.
We are experts in custom kitchen cabinetry and know what we’re doing. We are skilled in making the most of your available space, designing with your lifestyle in mind, and renovating within set spending limits and timelines. We eliminate the hassle of creating custom kitchen cabinets so you can relax and enjoy your new space. We help you every step of the way, from choosing the right paint colour for your custom kitchen cabinets to the installation process. We’ve got you covered!